Sunday, December 29, 2013

"What kind of monster are you?" "The Wolverine!"



So sorry this review is coming so late.. But lets talk about "The Wolverine". Let me start off by saying I saw this movie 2 times within the first week of it being released. Safe to say this was a well made movie and got me even more pumped for the new X-Men: First Class Movie.

I don't honestly think I need to say it, but I will for emphasis: Hugh Jackman was Amazing!!! I honestly do not think anyone else could be Wolverine. I mean honestly he is Logan. This film far exceeded my expectations. Hugh, as usual, dedicated himself to the role by sculpting his body to the role. His acting was very good (as always). Logan is different then he has been in the other films. He has always been a 'tragic hero' type. He has always been a little broken and a sort of somber character. However, in this film he has reached his lowest point. This movie picks up after X-Men: The Last Stand. Logan is being haunted by Jean after killing her months or years prior. And the movie is kind of an evolution of Logan, showing if he will be the guy he was or become something completely different.

This movie takes a lot of twist and turns and the ending will take you by surprise. The major plot is something happens to Wolverine that makes him lose his ability to heal quickly. He still is able to heal faster than normal people but not nearly as fast as he always does, which makes him vulnerable and weaker. However, he still finds himself protecting someone ( as usual) and that opens his heart to other things (yes to love friends)

The action in this movie is really really awesome!! There is a ninja/karate element that is just great. It's fun to watch. And the actors they picked to join Jackman in this film are very talented. Especially, Rila Fukushima, who plays Yukio. She looks after Logan and kicks some serious butt!! She was one of my favorite characters in the whole film. Her acting isn't the best, but you her fighting is amazing and that's good enough.

The end of this movie is what was soooo surprising to me and I didn't see it coming at all!! If you haven't seen it yet, I can not prepare you for what happens... sorry If you have seen it click the spoiler box!!



 When viewing this movie you will be on your toes; it has its funny moments and a few moments of roromance but mostly its ACTION!! Which is what I want from my well... action movies! If you are weary about seeing this movie because Wolverine: Origins was kinda a flop, don't worry this movie makes up for that one and X-Men: The Last Stand (which isn't my fav). And stay tuned after the credits, trust me you will wanna see the clip afterwards. The Wolverine is out on DVD now so go rent or buy it now!! Enjoy!

- Megan O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment