Sunday, December 29, 2013

" Ask yourself: what would you sacrifice, for what you believe??"




Thor 2 Released this fall!! And Yes guys I know I'm late on all this but I saw this movie twice opening weekend! And I'm back with a vengeance! So Let's talk Thor: The Dark World shall we....

Let's start with the fact that Chris Hemsworth really is Thor. They could not have picked a better person to play Thor. Like if you look at him, he really is the God of Thunder. Plus the costume looks amazing and better than ever. Also Hemsworth looks better than ever as well! He does a great job and we love him. And lets not forget who we love to hate: Loki! We all love him, even though we know he is bad. Tom Hiddleson is a great actor, we all know this. Him and Chris work so well together its amazing. I mean their bromance is that of legends. Just look at what  buzzfeed says about them:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/chris-hemsworth-and-tom-hiddleston-are-the-hottest-bromance-
Anyway safe to say the two of them make this movie. Granted Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgård, Anthony Hopkins, and the other members of a cast do a good job as well.

Now the plot of this movie is good. Solid, I would say. Honestly, I figured out a section of the plot within like 10 mins, however, the movie had a couple turns that really shocked me and caught me off guard which is always nice. If you have seen it you know what two moments that were truly shocking. Speaking of
When Loki "dies" I think I cried for about 10 mins until my friend leaned over and told me they cant kill him. But in mind, well he was dead. I was a little suspicious when the "guard" came to tell Odin everyone was dead. But still I am confused on exactly how he could return. So if you have any ideas, please enlighten me! And what the heck happened to Odin? Also I was really upset when the mom died cause lets be honest she was freaking awesome! But her funeral scene was so pretty. I really loved that.

And Yes if you were wondering... there is tons of action. Way more than the first one. I was happy to see Thor use his hammer all the time! It brought such joy to my heart. This movie is pretty intense though, it will keep you on your toes. I enjoyed watching the characters figure out how to use portals and loop holes to their advantage. (if you haven't seen it yet, you'll understand later). This movie is actually pretty funny as well. They definitely turned up the action and comedy in this movie a ton. Also Jane and Thor have good chemistry in my opinion. I love seeing them interact; really I just love the way Thor looks at Jane; hes so freaking adorable!!

Overall, this movie is a lot better than the first, at least I think so. So if you enjoyed Thor or Avengers you will really like this one. So if you are a loser and haven't seen this movie yet, get out there and go see it. Or Redbox it the moment it comes out on DVD, which is estimated to be in March of 2014. So hit the movies guys and look for more of my reviews! I'm back to helping you guys know whats worth seeing and what's not! So Stay Excellent!!

- Megan O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment